Theme of the International Conference:
Social Work and Sustainble Social Development
Department of Social Work, Shahjalal University of Science & Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh
Call for abstract
Social development is one of the most important goals of many developing and least developed countries across the world. Not merely social development but sustainable social development has been the central focus in the twenty first century. In the wake of the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) the meanings of social development has turned into a more inclusive developmental planning that aims to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure peace and prosperity for all. SDGs are therefore for tackling the root causes of poverty and call for uniting ourselves to bring a positive change for the humankind and the planet as well. Social development in the agenda of SDGs stresses the need to have a common plan to address some of the tenacious challenges like poverty, climate change and conflict that the current world has been facing. It is against this backdrop, the Department of Social Work, Shahjalal University of science & Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh has decided to organize an international conference on the broader fields of social development so that extensive and comprehensive deliberations could be made by the distinguished participants coming from home and abroad. It is hoped that social scientists from different social science disciplines would analyze issues, perspectives and challenges in relation to social development in a more rigorous way to find out strategies, plans and approaches that may help formulate effective policies for social development and their implementation.
Timeline and guidelines for Abstracts and Manuscripts Submissions
- An abstract of no more than 250 words outlining the basis and scope of a complete manuscript should be sent by October 10, 2017 through email ([email protected])
- Font should be times new roman, size 12, space 1.5 and referencing style should be APA 6th version
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: October 30, 2017
- Submission of complete manuscripts: December 20, 2017
- Abstract should be submitted on any of the following but not limited to these sub-themes.
Details about the sub-themes are found here